OVERVIEW: Offers financial assistance, food, furniture and transportation to residents living in the catchment area.
1) FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE: Persons who have a court-ordered eviction may be eligible for financial assistance, Medical prescription assistance. Also provides assistance for utilities (electric, gas, water and oil) and other emergency needs.
2) EMERGENCY FOOD: Delivered to persons who live in catchment area.
3) TRANSPORTATION: Volunteers drive residents to medical and social service appointments. A 3 day advance notice is required.
4) FURNITURE: Available to persons in need. (Will sometimes deliver if family unable to pick up.)
5) SCHOOL SUPPLIES: Donated school supplies given at beginning of school year to qualified children.
6) HOLIDAY FOOD: Food to qualified persons at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
7) DONATIONS: Donations of some furniture and household items are accepted by Damascus Help. May pick up if clients are available.
Agency: Damascus Help
Languages Available: French, Spanish
Payment Description: Free
Intake and Eligibility: Residents in crisis.
- Damascus, Montgomery County, 20872
- Clarksburg, Montgomery County, 20871
- Germantown, Montgomery County, 20876
- Gaithersburg, Montgomery County, 20882
- Ijamsville, Frederick County
- Monrovia, Frederick County