OVERVIEW: Provides a full range of primary, medical, dental, and behavioral health services.
1) HEALTH INSURANCE ENROLLMENT: Refers individuals to community agencies with trained navigators and assisters responsible for facilitating enrollment and education of consumers of qualified health plans offered through the marketplaces. Open enrollment for 2021 takes place from Nov 1-Dec 15, 2020. If you receive Medicare, you are already have insurance and are not required to participate in the marketplace.
***Contact Choptank Community’s MD Health Connections Help Line at 410-479-5780 for more information or if you have any questions and someone will return your call within 24 business hours.***
Caroline County Health Department
Caroline County, DSS
2) HEALTH CARE: Provides health maintenance, chronic and acute care for all ages. Services include: Adults-Colds, diabetes, high blood pressure and pelvic exams. Minor surgery, orthopedics, family planning, flu shots and skin problems. Pediatrics-school and sports physicals.
3) PATIENT SERVICES: Assists patients with medical assistance, applications, connections with primary services. Also offers linkage with utility, cash assistance and food stamps programs.
4) HEALTH EDUCATION: Offers classes, brochures and video tapes are available on many health-related subjects.
5) DENTAL: Offers general dentistry services to Mid-Shore residents. The focus is on children who are uninsured or enrolled in Health Choice. Adult patients will only be seen for dental emergencies or by referral from the medical provider. Services include dental examinations, cleanings, x-rays, sealants, fluoride, fillings, root canals and dentures.
6) OTHER SERVICES: Provides some on-site laboratory tests, including urinalysis and pregnancy tests. Offers prescription assistance and referrals to area hospitals for x-rays and specialized care.
7) SPECIALTY REFERRALS: Provides referrals from providers to obtain specialty care.
8) COMMUNITY BASED PROGRAMS: Provides a variety of medical and dental services to schools in the community.
9) MIGRANT HEALTH PROGRAM: Offers outreach and primary care services to migrant camps and crab house workers. Outreach workers provide a variety of services including transportation, interpretation services, medical and social referrals and health education.
Denton Medical Center, 609 Daffin Lane, Denton, MD 21629. 410-479-2650. Mon 7:30AM-4:45PM,Tues 7:30AM-4:15PM, Wed 9AM-4:45PM and Thurs 9:30AM-4:45PM. Offers Family Practice & PediaTRIC services.
Goldsboro Medical & Dental Center, 316 Railroad Avenue, Goldsboro, MD 21636. 410-634-2380 & Dental Center 410-482-2224. Mon-Fri, 8AM-4:30PM.
Federalsburg Medical & Dental Center, 215 Bloomingdale Avenue, Federalsburg, MD 21632. 410-754-9021, Dental Center 410-754-7583. Mon-Fri 7:30AM-4:45PM.
Fassett Magee Community Health Center, 503-A Muir Street, Cambridge, MD, 21613. 410-228-4045. Mon-Fri, 7:30AM-4:30PM.
Bay Hundred Health Center, 933 South Talbot Street Unit 4, St. Michaels, MD, 21663. 410-745-0200, Mon-Thur 7AM-4:30PM & Fri 7AM-4PM.
Cambridge Dental Center, 503A Muir Street, Cambridge, MD 21613. 410-228-9381, Mon-Fri 8AM-4:30PM. Offers Pediatrics & Dental services.
Health Insurance Enrollment:
Agency: Choptank Community Health System
Languages Available: Interpreter available.
Payment Description: Medicare, Medical Assistance, Private insurance and Sliding fee scale.
Intake and Eligibility: Open to the public.
- Caroline County
- Dorchester County
- Talbot County