OVERVIEW: Provides free and appropriate education to Calvert County children.
1) CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION: Provides education for students of all abilities in pre-kindergarten through 12th grade programs. Has responsibility for curriculum and instruction. Operates 13 elementary, 6 middle, and 4 senior high schools and a career and technology academy.
2) PUPIL SERVICES: Provides guidance counseling, psychological services and pupil personnel services for students with personal/career concerns or significant problems in attendance, achievement and behavior.
3) SPECIAL EDUCATION: Provides appropriate education for children from birth to age 21 in need of special services due to cognitive, emotional, or physical disabilities. After assessment, students attend special classes for part or all of the school day as needed. Parents of disabled children in need of special services should call CHILD FIND staff.
4) FOOD SERVICES: Offers free or reduced fee breakfast and lunch programs to students who qualify. The income guidelines are set by the federal government and have been adopted for school students across the state. call for more Information.
Income Eligibility Guidelines (2018 / 2019)
Household Size* Maximum Income Level (Per Year)
*For each additional family member add $7,992
5) HOMELESS CHILDREN: Parents who are homeless should contact their Homeless Education Liaison to assist their child in attaining proper support and education. Call 410-535-7232.
COVID-19 Information: Calvert County Public Schools will have a virtual reopening for the 2020-21 school year. School will be conducted online for the first semester, through livestream sessions. The schedule will be similar to that of a typical school day. If a group of students needs to be in school for specialized instruction, staff members will make this determination and use safety and cleaning protocols from the Calvert County Health Department should the students actually come in.
Grab ‘n’ Go meal service will be offered on Wednesdays from 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Advance registration is required to participate in this program, which is only open to currently enrolled CCPS students. Students do not need to be present for parent/guardian pick-up. Students eligible for free or reduced-price meal benefits will receive meal kits at no cost. Students not eligible for meal benefits will be charged regular meal prices. To Register: 1. Please call 443.550.8680, 443.550.8683, or 443.550.8684 anytime between 7:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. 2. Be prepared to provide the name and ID number for each CCPS student who will be participating.For pickup locations, see https://www.calvertnet.k12.md.us/UserFiles/Servers/Server_123339/File/Calvertnet/District%20Info/COVID19/Meal_Distribution_Info.pdf.
1305 Dares Beach Road
Agency: Calvert County Public Schools
Languages Available: Accommodation possible upon request.
Payment Description: See notes.
Intake and Eligibility: Open to any resident.