COVID-19 UPDATE: Offering online programming to serve members and other youth in community. Assists with how to use internet hotspots and enrolling in programs and offers nightly story time on Facebook page. Programming is open to all Washington County youth and anyone can follow updates on Facebook page.
TRANSPORTATION: Provided in certain areas. Call for information.
OVERVIEW: Offers programs that address today's most pressing youth issues, teaching young people the skills they need to succeed in life such as Academic Success, Good Character, Citizenship, and Healthy Lifestyles.
1) EDUCATION and TUTORING: Various classes offered about the environment, health, the arts, careers, alcohol/drug and pregnancy prevention, gang prevention, leadership development and athletics. Tutoring offered Monday-Friday to students in elementary through high school.
2) COMPUTER PROGRAM: Teaches basic computer skills.
3) LIFE SKILLS: Classes designed to train youth how to care for themselves and get along with each other. Activities include cooking, sewing, health and volunteerism.
4) ARTS AND CRAFTS: Offers instruction in painting, drawing, leather crafts, basket weaving and other creative activities for youth 6-18 years old.
5) WEIGHTLIFTING: Held in the Pennsylvania Avenue site Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 4-5:30PM. Participants may receive individual attention.
6) RECREATIONAL SPORTS: Offers a variety of sports. Call for information.
7) COMMUNITY SERVICES: An outdoor-oriented program offering Adopt-A-Highway, 4-H and community projects.
8) SUMMER PROGRAM: Offers a 7 week program for youth 6-12 years of age. Program includes field trips, sports, swimming, nature activities and arts and crafts. Some grants and partial scholarships are available. Call for information.
o Frederick Manor Housing Unit
219 Taylor Avenue
Hagerstown, MD 21740
Call: Tim Armstrong, 301-790-3125
o Noland Village Unit
Hagerstown, MD 21740
Call:Lauren Avey, 301-733-6793
o Elgin Station Unit
Hagerstown MD 21740
Call: Mia Evans, 301-733-6793
o PA Unit/Outreach
805 Pennsylvania Ave
Hagerstown, MD 21742
Call Marquiela Gantt 301-733-5422
After school programs offered during school year in the Cascade and Hancock areas. Call for details.
805 Pennsylvania Avenue
Agency: Boys and Girls Clubs of Washington County
Languages Available: None., English
Payment Description: Sliding scale
Intake and Eligibility: Youth ages 6-18 years old.