OVERVIEW: Provides recreation and education for boys and girls of all ages.
1) CUB SCOUTS: For boys and girls, grades 1-5. Focus is on strengthening character, self-esteem, citizenship, team work and physical fitness.
2) BOY SCOUTS: For boys ages 11-18. Focus is on development of self-confidence, leadership and peer interaction.
3) SUMMER CAMP: Runs overnight camps for boys and girls, ages 9-20, in Goshen, Virginia. Camps run for one-week and programs are available throughout the summer for a variety of ages and interests. For registration information contact Goshen Scout Reservation Director Phil Barbash at Philip.Barbash@scouting.org or call 301-214-9195.
4) DAY AND RESIDENT CAMP: Camp William B. Snyder, Haymarket, Virginia, offers day and resident camp, C.O.P.E. courses and general camping facilities for boys and girls ages 5 and up. Several camp options are available for a variety of interests, including a camp that focuses on STEM interests. For information please call Camp Snyder at (571) 248-4904 or email Camp.Snyder@Scouting.org.
5) VENTURING: For girls and boys, ages 14-20, focus is on high adventure, hobbies, and leadership development.
6) EXPLORING: For boys and girls, grades 7 and up, focus is on discovering and preparing for future careers.
Marriott Scout Service Center
Agency: Boy Scouts of America, National Capital Area Council
Languages Available: Accommodations possible., Spanish
Payment Description: $33/year
Intake and Eligibility: See notes for restrictions for individual programs.
- Montgomery County
- Calvert County
- Frederick County
- Prince Georges County
- Saint Marys County