OVERVIEW: The Arc of Southern Maryland creates opportunities for independence and personal success for people with different abilities in inclusive communities.
1) COMMUNITY SUPPORTED LIVING: Designed to support the daily needs of adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities living independently in their own homes. Support services are individually customized to meet the needs of the consumer. Staff supports individuals with their daily chores, personal care, transportation, and recreational and community activities.
2) RESIDENTIAL SERVICES: Provides adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities with safe and supportive residential housing services.Operates over thirty residential homes located in neighborhoods throughout Calvert, Charles and St. Mary’s counties. Provides round-the-clock support to ensure that consumers are afforded the opportunity to live in a nurturing environment that promotes personal growth and community inclusion.
3) DAY SUPPORT SERVICES: Designed to provide adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities with meaningful experiences. Recreational activities are scheduled with individual preference in mind, and include music, dance, arts and crafts, boating and fishing just to name a few. Consumers also identify organizations that they are interested in supporting through volunteerism. Many of the activities are made possible in part by the on-going partnerships with local individuals and organizations throughout the Southern Maryland region.
4) FAMILY SUPPORT, ADVOCACY and RESPITE CARE: Family support provides customized services for families of children with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Family centered tools and resources are identified to support the growth and development of the entire family. The Respite Care Program provides families caring for an adult with intellectual and developmental disabilities with a short term, temporary care option.
5) EMPLOYMENT SUPPORT: Supported employment program that provides individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities with on-the-job training, placement and support with businesses and organizations throughout the Southern Maryland region. Consumers work with their job coaches to identify jobs or industries of interest. Job coaches provide assistance in skill development to ensure a successful relationship between employer and employee.
- Administrative Offices
St. Mary's County:
Terry Z. Long
- phone: 410-535-2413
355 West Dares Beach Road
Agency: Arc of Southern Maryland, The
Payment Description: Accepts Medical Assistance, insurance and offers a sliding scale fee.
Intake and Eligibility: Persons with developmental or intellectual disabilities.
- Calvert County
- Charles County
- Saint Marys County