OVERVIEW: Offers support services to people with developmental and intellectual disabilities and their families.
1) DAY SERVICES: Offers community-based adult day services with an emphasis on health and social services for developmentally disabled, health-impaired adults. Strives to improve or maintain their level of functioning to enable them to remain in the community.
2) EMPLOYMENT SERVICES: Employment Training Center, 7931 Fernham Lane, Forestville, MD 20747. Offered to participants who are placed individually or in small groups with an employer in the area. Each worker receives the level of support and supervision necessary for successful performance. Call 240-532-6005.
3) FAMILY AND COMMUNITY SERVICES: Offers information and referral services, case management, workshops,family education, advocacy and networking. Monitors the quality of special education and whether it is delivered in the least restrictive environment.
4) RESIDENTIAL SERVICES: Provides group living in supervised homes in the community. Trained counselors help residents develop interpersonal skills and achieve maximum levels of independence.
5) ADULT DAY CENTERS: Provides recreational, fitness, arts, and personal development activities in many inclusive community settings.
o Community Supports: 1400 Mercantile Lane, Suite 160 Largo, MD 20774. Call 301-322-8306.
o Largo Day Program & Transportation Services: 9700 Martin Luther King Jr. Highway, Suite G, Lanham, MD 20706. Call 301-925-2730.
o Laurel Day Program: 14750 Sweitzer Lane, Suite 104, Laurel MD 20724. Call 301-498-2910.
o Temple Hills Day Program: 6001 South Gate Drive, Temple Hill, MD 20748. Call 301-894-2915.
o Bridges of Largo Medical Day Program: 1401 McCormick Drive, Largo, MD 20774. Call 301-925-7930.
6) RECREATIONAL & FITNESS: Provides recreational outlets & fitness for people with developmental disabilities.
7) CHILDCARE PARTNERSHIPS: Provides childcare for children with disabilities ages 6 weeks to give years in a fully-inclusive setting (among typically developing children).
Agency: Arc of Prince George's County, The
Languages Available: Spanish
Payment Description: State Funded. Clients must be income-eligible MA recipients or MA eligible.
Intake and Eligibility: Adults with a primary diagnosis of a developmental disability.