OVERVIEW: Offers an array of services for individuals and families affected by developmental and intellectual disabilities.
1) ADULT RESIDENTIAL SERVICES: Community living support in single family homes, townhouses, condos and apartments. All participants have individual bedrooms.
2) ADULT VOCATIONAL & DAY SERVICES: Employment work skills training and community access.
3) CHILDREN AND YOUTH SERVICES: Fully inclusive, licensed child care programs for children and youth of all ages. Most programs are sliding scale fee based on income.
a) KFICCC-Karasik and Family, Infant & Child Care Center: For children ages 6 weeks-10 years. Location: 10611 Tenbrook Drive, Silver Spring, MD 20901. Hours: Mon-Fri, 7AM-6PM.
b) AFTER ALL: For youth ages 11-21 years. Location: 4140 Wexford Drive, Kensington, MD 20895. Hours: Mon-Fri, 2PM-6PM during the school year; Mon-Fri, 7AM-6PM during school breaks.
4) FAMILY & COMMUNITY SERVICES: Customized independent living support for adults, plus resources and advocacy for adults and families with children.
5) RESPITE SERVICES: Short-term relief for caregivers of senior citizens and individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
6) SUPPORT GROUPS: Designed to help families understand the options, services and resources of the adult provider system. Workshops held as needed.
7) STAND TOGETHER: Adult self-advocate group which meets monthly to express concerns, discuss personal and community issues, and learn about rights and responsibilities.
8) PARENT TO PARENT SUPPORT: Mentoring and support systems for families with special needs children.
Agency: Arc Montgomery County, The
Languages Available: Accommodations possible., Spanish
Payment Description: See notes.
Intake and Eligibility: Individuals with intellectual & developmental disabilities and their families.