OVERVIEW: Offers assistance for seniors and individuals, 18 and older with disabilities. It is a statewide resource for information and assistance about long-term services and supports to allow individuals to remain at home and plan for future needs.
SERVICES: The number of services may vary from county to county, but the services below should be the first three listed in all program descriptions
1) AGING AND DISABILITY RESOURCE CENTER: Provides individuals who are seeking long term support information and counseling regarding available long term support options, and determining eligibility for public long term support programs and benefits. Benefits screening includes level of care determinations for Medicaid nursing facility and home and community-based service waiver programs.
2) INFORMATION AND ASSISTANCE: Offers in person assistance to individuals, families and caregivers with questions and/or concerns.
3) INFORMATION AND REFERRAL: Connects individuals with information and referrals to other programs and benefits (such as health promotion and disease prevention, transportation services, housing and income support programs) that may help people remain in the community.
4) SENIOR FARMERS’ MARKET NUTRITION PROGRAM: Provides vouchers to low-moderate income older adults for use at local farmers’ markets in the community. Vouchers are provided in the summer (usually in June). Call for more information on eligibility, distribution sites, days, and times. Find a market here.
1) North Beach Senior Center, 9010 Chesapeake Avenue, North Beach, MD 20714, 410-257-2549.
2) Southern Pines Senior Center, 20 Appeal Lane, Lusby, MD 20657. 410-586-2748.
3) Calvert Pines Senior Center, 450 West Dares Beach Road, Prince Frederick, MD 20678. 410-535-4606 or 301-855-1170.
Agency: Calvert County Office on Aging
Intake and Eligibility: Residents of Calvert County who are over the age of 50, individuals over the age of 18 with a disability, and caregivers for the elderly and adults with disabilities.