OVERVIEW: Services are provided for both psychiatric and addictions disorders and are available on an Emergency basis 24 hours per day in an Emergency Room setting, or in a traditional inpatient or outpatient environment.
1) EMERGENCY BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SERVICES: Provides a professional counselor who is available 24 hours per day, seven days a week. Specially trained personnel offer Crisis Assessment and Intervention for patients and families who present with emotional, psychiatric or addiction related issues. Operates 24 hours a day/7 days a week and crisis phone line 240-964-1399.
2) INPATIENT PSYCHIATRIC and SUBSTANCE USE SERVICES: Provides acute psychiatric illnesses and substance use detoxification services. Promotes stabilization and prepares the patient for discharge back to the community. Operates 24 hours a day/7 days a week and call 240-964-2200 for further details.
3) OUTPATIENT PSYCHIATRY SERVICES: Provides evaluation and treatment, including assessment, treatment planning, therapeutic medication management and Buprenorphine to treat heroin and other opiate dependence problems as well as a strong continuum of care program. Also provide services to the Intensive Outpatient Service and Inpatient Psychiatry Unit. Call 240-964-8585 from 8AM-4PM, Monday-Thursday and 8AM-1:30PM on Fridays.
4) INTENSIVE OUTPATIENT PROGRAM: Provides assessment, individual and group therapy services for patients in acute crisis situations that do not require inpatient treatment, but require rapid access to care. The program is primarily a group therapy program, with adjunctive individual therapy and psychiatry services as needed. The group format has three elements: Educational, Insight Oriented Therapy and Experiential. Call 240-964-8585 from 8AM-4PM, Monday-Friday.
5) EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM: Employers who are interested in this service for employees may call 240-964-8588.
24/hr Crisis Line:
12500 Willowbrook Road
Agency: UPMC Western Maryland
Languages Available: Accommodations possible.
Payment Description: Varies per service needed. Most payment methods accepted.
Intake and Eligibility: Open to the public.
- Allegany County
- Frederick County
- Garrett County
- Washington County