OVERVIEW: Provides assistance with utility disconnects, eviction prevention, prescription assistance and temporary motel stay for homeless families. Also offers a food pantry to residents in need.
1) FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE: Offers financial assistance with eviction prevention and utilities (must provide proof of need). Also provides prescription assistance to those who cannot afford their medication and a temporary motel stay for individuals and families that are homeless or at risk of being homeless.
2) FOOD PANTRY: Operates a food pantry for residents on the second and fourth Thurs of each month from 4-6PM. The pantry is located at Corbaley Hall behind the church.
APPLICATION PROCESS: All residents must go to DSS first or The Department of Housing at 410-758-3977 for financial and food assistance. If additional assistance is needed then you will be provided with a referral from DSS for help from the Outreach Ministry. You must have the referral along with a copy of the delinquent bill in order to receive any food from the pantry and for financial assistance. Call the hotline to make an appointment or leave contact information on voice mail.
3) BACKPACKS FOR KIDS: Provides food bags each week for Centerville Elementary children who are in need of food for the weekend. Bags includes breakfast, lunch, snack, fruit and juice items.
4) HOLIDAY ASSISTANCE 2019: (CLOSED)
Thanksgiving Baskets: Must call 'Feed a Family' at 410-829-9834 to register for a Thanksgiving Basket. The last day to sign-up is Mon 11/11.
Christmas Baskets: (CLOSED) Must call to register for a food basket. The last day to register is Mon 11/11.
5) DONATIONS: Accepts monetary donations and food items. Food drop-off boxes are located at the entrance of the church.
Outreach Hotline :
- phone: 410-758-0143
301 Homewood Avenue